- 6 eggs
- 1 avocado, peeled and diced
- ½ cup Pickled Radishes (see recipe)
- ¼ cup celery, diced
- ¼ cup onion, diced
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt, optional
- BLT EGG SALAD
- Stir in the following:
- 3 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 tomato, chopped
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- Gently place eggs in a medium saucepan and cover with cold water.
- Bring water to a boil over high heat.
- When water boils, turn heat off, tightly cover saucepan and let stand on stove top for 15 minutes. Empty water and cover eggs with ice until cool.
- Peel eggs and chop roughly; add to medium bowl.
- Add avocado, radishes, celery, onion and black pepper to eggs and gently stir.
- If using, add yogurt and stir until combined.
- You can substitute pickle relish for the radishes.
- Serve on fresh or toasted bread with lettuce leaves and a sliced tomato.
—Recipe developed for Edible Omaha by Julie Kolpin and Mary Oswald.