Gram's Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 3 slices bacon
- ½ cup onion, diced
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Rinse green beans and trim ends, pat dry.
- Chop bacon into 1-inch pieces.
- Place large skillet on stovetop and heat to medium-high. Add green beans and bacon, and cook until bacon is almost crisp and green beans are just beginning to change to a bright-green color, about 7–10 minutes.
- Add onion and cook for an additional 5 minutes, or until onions are translucent, bacon is crisp and green beans are crisp-tender.
- Add salt and pepper and stir.
- Remove from heat. Add vinegar, and stir to combine.
- Serve immediately.
Recipe from Clara Birks