- 6 ears fresh sweet corn, husks on
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1–2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- Soak the corn in cold water for 15 minutes, making sure it is completely covered with water. While the corn is soaking, preheat the grill to medium heat or 350°.
- Remove corn from water, pull the husks back and remove the silk, making sure the husks stay attached to the cob. Brush the corn kernels with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Bring the husks back up over the corn cob, and tie with twine or a piece of corn husk.
- Place the corn on the grill and cook for a few minutes on each side, rotating when one side is charred. Once all sides are brown, place cobs on an indirect heat source in grill and close the cover. Cook for about 15 additional minutes, or until you can see the corn kernel shape through the husk and the husks begin to pull away from the tip of the ear.
- Remove the corn from the grill. Peel back husk and remove any remaining silk. Add butter, if using, and serve immediately.
Recipe adapted from WhatsCookingAmerica.net