Veggie Stir-Fry with Root Beer Sauce
Recipe developed for Edible Omaha by Julie Kolpin and Mary Oswald
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ½ medium red onion, sliced thin
- ½ long red chili pepper, halved, seeds removed and thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 bunch broccoli, rinsed and cut into florets
- 1 cup snap peas
- 2 ribs celery, finely chopped
- ¼ cup naturally brewed soy sauce
- ¾ cup Purple Cane Road Root Beer
- ½ cup raw natural honey
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Place large skillet or wok over medium-high heat.
- Add olive oil and heat through.
- Slowly add vegetables, stirring to coat, and sauté until crisp-tender and vegetables are bright in color, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat.
- In a separate saucepan, combine soy sauce, root beer, honey and garlic. Place over medium-high
- heat and stir constantly until reduced and thick. When the mixture coats a spoon, remove from heat and pour over the vegetables.
- Serve over brown rice.