Watermelon Salad with Cucumbers
- ½ watermelon, seeded and chopped into 1-inch
- 1 cucumber, peeled, seeded and roughly chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 avocado, pit removed, peeled and chopped
- ⅓ cup freshly chopped cilantro
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- In a large bowl, toss together watermelon and cucumber.
- In medium bowl, mix lime juice and oil, and add avocado if using.
- Add juice mix to watermelon and cucumbers and stir to coat; sprinkle with cilantro and salt.
- Serve immediately or refrigerate up to 2 hours.
Variation: Tomato Salad With Cucumbers Substitute 6 tomatoes for the watermelon for a more traditional summer salad.
Recipe from AmbitiousKitchen.com